Are you looking for new keto recipe ideas or a platform to contribute your keto recipes to help other families just like you?
We are excited to introduce MyKetoPlanner™: a brand new diet management tool, recipe sharing database, and social network, specifically designed for the Ketogenic Diet Community!
Please note that this program is currently available only in the U.S. For information on availability in your country, please contact your local Nutricia office.
How Can You Start Using MyKetoPlanner?
Parents of children on the ketogenic diet and adults on the ketogenic diet can register on MyKetoPlanner.com. When registering, you will be prompted to select your health care provider(s) from a list of providers who are registered on the site. Note:
- If you don’t see your health care provider in the list, you have the option to invite him/her to join.
- If your keto center has more than one health care provider who will be managing the diet, you can link your account with multiple providers. Simply hold the Control (“Ctrl”) key to select more than one provider.
- Your account must be linked with a health care provider in order to access the full features of the site.
What Can You Do with MyKetoPlanner?
Create recipes and share them with others in the keto community.
- Keep your recipes private or share them with the keto community.
- Include a photo so that others know how to expect the recipe to look.
- Select the appropriate Category for your recipe (for example, Classical Diet, MAD, LGIT) and select identifying tags (such as 4:1 Ratio, breakfast, dessert, etc.) to make your recipe easy for other users to find.
Search for recipes created and shared by other families and dietitians.
- Type what you are looking for into the search bar and click “Begin Search” (for example, pizza, pancakes, cookies) or
- Click on the colored tags to search for recipes that fall under that description. For example, click “breakfast” to see all breakfast recipes, “KetoCal 4:1 Powder” to see all recipes that use KetoCal 4:1 Powder, or “4:1 Ratio” to see all recipes in a 4:1 ketogenic ratio.
Save shared recipes to your account where your health care provider can review, modify, and verify them for you.
- When viewing a shared recipe, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Add to My Saved Recipes”. Then send your health care provider a message to ask them to review the recipe and make any necessary modifications for you. Once your health care provider has reviewed it, he/she will “Verify” the recipe so that you know it is okay to use. When viewing your list of saved recipes, you can see whether or not a recipe has been verified by your provider.
Provide your feedback on shared recipes by rating them on a scale of 1 to 5 stars.
Connect with your keto health care provider.
- Send your provider private messages to ask questions, request new recipes, or to ask him/her to verify recipes that you have created or saved from shared recipes.
Where Can You Access MyKetoPlanner?
The website version of MyKetoPlanner is now accessible at www.myketoplanner.com. Soon MyKetoPlanner will be available through a mobile application which will allow you to access your MyKetoPlanner account on-the-go from your tablet or smart phone! Look out for an announcement in the coming weeks.
We hope that you love MyKetoPlanner and that it makes the ketogenic diet a little easier for you. If you have any questions or comments, contact us using the “Contact Us” page on the site or contact Nutrition Services at 1-800-365-7354, Option 2 or at email@example.com.
As always, consult with your health care provider before making any diet changes or introducing any new recipes.