Information graphics, better known as infographics, are visual representations of information. Infographics provide a quick and clear way to learn about a topic without having to read a large amount of text. They are a popular way to share information via social media.
Given the current popularity of infographics and their usefulness for sharing complex information in an easier-to-understand way, we searched the web for the best infographics about the medical ketogenic diet for seizures and epilepsy. Below is our list of the top five infographics that are helpful for learning about the medical ketogenic diet.
If you are a parent considering the medical ketogenic diet for your child, we hope that you find these infographics useful for learning more about how the diet works. If your child is on the medical ketogenic diet and you are already familiar with how it works, these may be useful for explaining the diet to friends, family, teachers, etc.
- Our favorite infographic about the medical ketogenic diet is from Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. It does a great job of explaining the basics of how diet is designed.
- We may be biased about this infographic since it’s ours, but we think it’s useful for spreading awareness about intractable epilepsy and how the medical ketogenic diet may help for some individuals.
- This infographic from Duke Children’s Hospital provides a nice visual comparison of the percentage of fat, carbohydrate, and protein in a typical diet, classical medical ketogenic diet, modified Atkins diet, medium chain triglyceride (MCT) ketogenic diet, and low glycemic index treatment (LGIT).
- Here is another infographic from our website, which we think is useful for explaining the difference between the classical medical ketogenic diet and the newer variations (modified Atkins Diet, MCT ketogenic diet, and LGIT).
- Lastly, here is an infographic shared on Facebook by Gillette Children’s Hospital with holiday tips for parents of children on the medical ketogenic diet. The winter holidays may be over, but these tips are useful for managing special occasions allyear long, such as birthday parties, Valentine’s Day, Easter, etc.
Do you know of a helpful infographic about the mediacl ketogenic diet for epilepsy? Please share a link in the comments below!
The medical ketogenic diet should be used under medical supervision.
KetoCal is a medical food and is intended for use under medical supervision. Talk with your healthcare provider about whether KetoCal is right for you.