We are pleased to introduce the first and only nutritionally complete ketogenic formula in a 2.5:1 ratio with MCT, specifically developed for adults and children 8 years of age and older. Below is a collection of common questions and answers about KetoCal 2.5:1 Liquid.
1. What is KetoCal 2.5:1 Liquid?
KetoCal 2.5:1 Liquid is a convenient, ready-to-feed ketogenic formula with a 2.5:1 ratio, with added medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil, fiber, and DHA. It is available in great-tasting vanilla.
2. Who is KetoCal 2.5:1 for?
KetoCal 2.5:1 was specifically designed for adults and children age 8 and over who are following the ketogenic diet for the management of intractable epilepsy. KetoCal 2.5:1 is a medical food and is intended for use under medical supervision.
3. How do I know if KetoCal 2.5:1 is right for me or my loved one?
Check with your healthcare provider to determine if KetoCal 2.5:1 is appropriate for you or your loved one.
4. How does KetoCal 2.5:1 better meet the nutritional needs of adults, adolescents and older children?
KetoCal 2.5:1 was specially designed to meet the nutritional needs of adults and children over the age of 8. Specifically, KetoCal 2.5:1 provides:
- Higher protein compared to 4:1 ketogenic formulas, to meet the higher protein needs of adults, adolescents and older children
- Age-specific content of vitamins and minerals
- 25% of the fat from MCT oil
- Multi-fiber blend
By providing a convenient, ready-to-feed ketogenic formula, KetoCal 2.5:1 can help to simplify the ketogenic diet.
5. Why is this formula in a 2.5:1 ratio?
Adults and adolescents have higher protein needs compared to younger children. A modified ketogenic diet or MAD provides more protein than a 4:1 ketogenic diet and may help meet protein needs. For patients who use ketogenic formula, it may be necessary to add protein to 4:1 formulas to meet their higher protein needs*. KetoCal 2.5:1 provides a solution for these patients by providing higher protein compared to a 4:1 ketogenic formula.
6. How can KetoCal 2.5:1 be used?
KetoCal 2.5:1 can be used as a:
- Sole source of nutrition**
- Tube feeding
- As a snack or at meal times
- To create delicious ketogenic recipes
7. How does KetoCal 2.5:1 taste?
KetoCal 2.5:1 comes in great-tasting vanilla flavor. See for yourself! Ask your healthcare provider for a sample today or request one here.
8. How do you prepare KetoCal 2.5:1?
KetoCal 2.5:1 is a convenient, ready-to-feed product. Simply shake for 5 seconds and drink or pour into the feeding bag. There is no measuring or mixing required!
9. Are there coverage and cost assistance options for KetoCal 2.5:1?
Yes, KetoCal 2.5:1 may be covered by your insurance or Medicaid. It may also be covered by the National School Lunch Program or by the KetoCal Assistance Program. For more information, visit https://myketocal.com/reimbursement.aspx or www.nutricia-na.com/NutriciaNavigator.
10. How can I try a sample of KetoCal 2.5:1?
Ask your healthcare provider for a sample of great-tasting vanilla KetoCal 2.5:1 or request a sample here.
11. Where can I learn more about KetoCal 2.5:1?
You can learn more about KetoCal 2.5:1 at https://myketocal.com/ketocal2_5-1.aspx.
*Older children, adolescents and adults have higher protein needs compared to younger children.
**May be used as a sole source or supplemental nutrition depending on the age and energy (caloric) needs of the individual.